- December 4, 2017
Foodie photography guide
When the food looks and tastes awesome, it is not easy to resist sharing a snap with friends.
Can't resist taking snaps of your food when your meal looks o good?
Well, Italian food is all about taste and simplicity, but it looks good too!
Have you ever taken photos of your dinner and had dark images that you wish were brighter?
No problems, here is a simple photo editing guide for you!
Here is an example of a very dark image of Pappardelle Pasta Ragu dish.
How to edit dark dinner photo on the mobile and make it look brighter
Open Snapseed app (available in Google Play and Apple Store)
- Tap 'import'and choose the image from your gallery.
- 'Choose Tools' and 'Tune Image'
- Swipe up and down and left and right to adjust the following features:
- Add brightness +80 (or as required)
- Ambiance +21
- Shadows +10
- Warmth - 10
- Highlights +10
- Sharpening +15 (optional)
- Choose 'Selective' tool and click to + on the bottom. Swipe up and down to choose 'Structure' to add structure to the selected areas to add some definition to the Pasta dish.
Before and after selected desaturation/ whitening
Crop the image if required, using the 'Crop Tool' in 'Tools'.
Optional additional adjustments:
Choose 'Brush' tool and Saturation -5. Touch up the white areas to make it whiter.
Optional 2: Open image in Facetune, choose ‘details’ and touch up the dishes and the glasses to make it stand out.
If there is not enough light - ask your friend to turn on the flash to lighten your subject.
We love sharing our food photos and love when guests are sharing their food images!
Let us know if this helped and tag #lasostafremantle to share your creations.
Make sure to follow us on Instagram to have more useful tips and delicious food photos!